We are part of Erste Group – the largest banking group in Central and Eastern Europe with more than 2,500 branches and over 45,000 employees. Our more than 2,000 IT experts and enthusiasts are the bank's Digital Muscle.
With top notch technology, we drive the realization offers the Group’s vision: To provide human banking in digital times, and to build Financial Health for over 16 million customers in the CEE region.
What to do:
As Senior Backend Developer you will design, develop, deploy and operate a microservice architecture platform for corporate banking services with focus on high availability, scalability and low latency. Your role is to build and maintain cloud-ready services on top of Elastic Search, MQs and Oracle DBs and work with other software engineers, data analysts, and decision-makers, such as product owners, to build solutions and gain novel insights.
Our team is cross-functional and involved in the ideation of features, from the conceptual and planning phases to the implementation and shipping of requirements. Your contribution is not only high-quality code, as you are actively shaping the product and its technological landscape with your ideas.
We believe that microservices are an architecture of many choices and this gives us the ability to experiment with new technologies.
You check these boxes:
- At least 3-4 years’ experience working in a product-driven environment where you could identify yourself with the product
- Understand the way Spring applications are written and you are familiar with the challenges that microservices bring
- Familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems on Kubernetes/OpenShift in a DevOps manner
- Know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- Comfortable writing high quality and easily maintainable code in a variety of styles (i.e. OO, FP)
Why you will like us:
- Possibility to benefit and learn from our international, talented and passionate community at Erste
- Great learning curve through ownership and creative freedom
- Interest groups and clubs: Take part in discussions and get involved in projects. Numerous interest groups invite you to engage with a topic
- Good food: Healthy nutrition and good food are important for our quality of life. With seven restaurants and cafeterias, there’s something to suit every taste on the Erste Campus
- Health Centre – The Erste Campus operates a fully equipped health center that offers all employees a high standard of medical services during working hours.
- New way of work: With our flexible working hours model we want to make your life less complicated. Combing the best of both worlds, remote and company time.
- Employee benefits – Benefit from special conditions for financial services and insurances, supermarkets, clothing stores and many more.
- Employee Referral Program – Become a talent scout for career opportunities in IT. We are rewarding every successful referral for Erste Digital
- Language courses for German & English – Learning a new language unites. We support you with appropriate language courses where you participate together with your colleagues.
- Visa Sponsoring – We support our employees with all the formalities associated with a relocation
- Work-Life-Balance – Home office, paternity leave, sabbatical, sports courses -– we support you in balancing work, family and leisure time
- The minimum wage for this full-time position in accordance with the collective agreement with complete fulfillment of the functional profile is EUR 52.220,-- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.
If you’ve got this far
It seems we have your interest. If you think you are a good fit for this position, please get in touch with us, we’d love to catch up.