We are part of Erste Group – the largest banking group in Central and Eastern Europe with more than 2,500 branches and over 45,000 employees. Our more than 2,000 IT experts and enthusiasts are the bank's Digital Muscle.
With top notch technology, we drive the realization offers the Group’s vision: To provide human banking in digital times, and to build Financial Health for over 16 million customers in the CEE region. We aim to attract and develop the best talent and aspire to be an IT employer beyond compare.
What to do:
Erste Digital is working on services to support our data platform with streaming patterns based on current on premise Kafka technology. We are running currently different services that provides data streams to many consumers in near real-time manner. To support us in this services and projects we are looking for a talented Kafka Engineer who will:
- Deploy solutions along our growing data streaming pipelines to support new business use cases
You check these boxes:
- Kafka knowledge and experience as a data engineer in high-scale distributed systems is a must
- You should have created topics, brokers, producers, consumers in a multi node cluster either with Apache Kafka or Confluent Kafka
- You should have used Schema registry, KSQL, Kafka Streams and Kafka REST
- Proficiency with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java or Scala
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Fluent knowledge of English
Why you will like us:
- Possibility to benefit and learn from our international, talented and passionate community at Erste
- Great learning curve through ownership and creative freedom
- Interest groups and clubs: Take part in discussions and get involved in projects. Numerous interest groups invite you to engage with a topic
- Culinary delights – Healthy nutrition and good food are important for our quality of life. Whether lunch, breakfast or snacks – everything is within reach. As an employee, you receive a meal allowance per day.
- Health Care – Taking care of your health is important. That’s why we contribute to your above standard medical examination and provide a helpline in case of hard lifetime situations. You also receive a salary compensation during sick leave
- Work-Life-Balance – Sabbatical, paternity leave, contribution to marriage & childbirth, 4 days of extra holiday per year, contribution to the 3rd pillar and MultiSport card. This is how we promote a balance between work, leisure, and family
- New way of work: With our flexible working hours model we want to make your life less complicated. Combing the best of both worlds, remote and office time
- Employee Referral Program – Become a talent scout for career opportunities in IT. We are rewarding every successful referral for Erste Digital
- Language courses for German & English – Learning a new language unites
- Visa Sponsoring – We support our employees with all the formalities associated with a relocation
- The minimum wage for this full-time position in accordance with the collective agreement with complete fulfillment of the functional profile is EUR 56.448,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
The way we are:
Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.