Chief Technology Officer at Swisens
Chief Technology Officer at Swisens
Swisens, a spin-off of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU) founded in 2016, develops and produces cutting-edge aerosol measurement systems that are designed to make the microcosmos of aerosols more visible in real time. Our focus is currently on pollen and spores, but we have ambitious plans to expand our technology to measure all types of air-borne particles. We use artificial intelligence to identify these particles based on the measurement data. Our system, for example, provides concentration values for specific types of pollen, which is achieved through the use of advanced classification algorithms. We have partnered with leading research organizations such as MeteoSwiss, Finnish Meteorological Institute, Vienna University, the Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS) and Manchester University, which have helped us to develop solutions that improve productivity, increase process safety and provide new insights for our customers to add financial or scientific value. At Swisens, we are proud to have measurement systems installed in many countries across Europe, Asia, and Australia and look forward to continuing our work with our valued partners and customers.
As we continue to grow and evolve, we are excited to announce that we are moving beyond the start-up phase and becoming an innovative SME with market-leading solutions. To support this growth, we are actively seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead the development of our data science offerings and technology framework.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic individual with hands-on experience in building reliable software products and platforms, as well as a proven track record of leading successful projects. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who can drive innovation and lead the technical direction of the company. As CTO, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of our company and the industry as a whole.
As the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Swisens, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future of our company and the industry as a whole. You will be responsible for delivering a scalable community platform for global analysis, measuring and visualization in the field of (bio-)aerosols and actively driving the further development of our classification software and solutions for spatial and temporal modelling of particle concentrations. Your key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of our classification software and simplifying the extension and verification of these
- Collaborating with marketing and sales to develop technology-driven customer offerings (such as data-science-as-a-service and data-as-a-service) and business models
- Leading the technical team of two to five engineers and being responsible for technology strategy
- Managing internal project management for research projects within the framework of iinternational and national research projects and for customer R&D projects
- Providing software related support to our clients
- Supporting the build-up of an international user network
- Continuously monitoring technology development, evaluating alternatives and optimizing performance
- Managing data hosting, security and user access to our infrastructure
- Being responsible for the technical and technological spendings budget
- Being part of the future management team
As CTO, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of engineers and have a direct impact on the success of the company. You will be leading the development of cutting-edge technology and driving innovation in the field of aerosol monitoring.
What we look for
- A University degree (Bsc, Msc or PhD) in computer science, data science or similar
- (minimum) 3+ years of working experience with:
- Software development with Python including testing and CI
- (Big) Data & Database Management (incl. Regulatory Compliance) & Data-Analysis Solutions
- Relational database systems (MySQL, Sqlite, …)
- Virtualisation (Proxmox, VMs, Docker)
- API design, maintenance, documentation and testing (REST, Flask)
- Technical or/ and scientific project management
- Advanced knowledge in GIT version control system
- Proficient knowledge of machine learning concepts/ applied artificial intelligence
- Excellent German & English skills, both written and spoken, French skills is a plus
- Further education (EMBA, MBA or similar) is a plus
What we offer
- Important position in a fast-growing SME based near Lucerne
- Global customer and scientific projects
- Low bureaucracy, high responsibility and openness for new ideas
- Team of high potentials & performers
- Flexible working hours and home office are possible
- 5 weeks of holiday per year
At Swisens, we are committed to fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and growth. We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment where you can make a real impact and achieve your career goals. Join us and be part of a team that is changing the way we understand and monitor the air we breathe.
How to apply
Please submit your complete application dossier via [email protected].
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.