ASP.NET Core | C# | Azure | DevOps
At Genetec we want to knock our customer’s socks off with innovative strategies and software technologies that will keep their security environment robust and resilient. As a global leader in video surveillance software the drive to go beyond expectations has been key to the Genetec experience since day one.
We are a passionate group of software enthusiasts and are now looking for a forward-thinking Backend Developer – ASP.NET Core to contribute to our video analytics line of products. We want to make the lives of people all over the world safer and more efficient by utilizing machine learning and deep learning in video surveillance while protecting the privacy of citizens. As the world’s largest software provider for video management software, Genetec already powers millions of cameras globally and we are now bringing machine learning to every one of them to extract meaningful insights from the data to quickly solve security and safety issues. Our customers include major airports, retailers, IT companies and some of the best-known global brands.
What your day will look like
- Participate in building a new infrastructure for our web-based applications
- Work on projects powered by React, ASP.NET Core and Kubernetes
- Develop backend to provide reliable services
- Write code that is both scalable and testable
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle (design, test, release and support)
- Build complete CI / CD pipelines
- Participate in Code Reviews and voluntary presentations to help improve the know-how of yourself and the team
- Take your own initiative for continuous improvement of quality, technical architecture, and development standards
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a backend developer with knowledge in C# and ASP.NET Core
- You have experience implementing and deploying web-based services (REST and/or gRPC).
- You have a problem-solving attitude and do not just focus on writing code, but on tackling complex problems and determining how to best solve them
- You have a good understanding of Git
- You can work independently and as part of a cross-functional international team
- Experience with React.js, C++ and video streaming technologies is a plus
What you will love about the job
- Working with exceptional people in a fast-moving environment
- Being creative and challenging the status quo by sharing new ideas is a huge part of who we are
- The ability to make a difference in an international and diverse workplace
- Be part of the latest trends and work with state-of-the-art technologies
- Work in an industry leading global company with a flat hierarchy and open-door policy
- Collaborate with a team that is passionate about making a positive difference in the world through Genetec’s vision of ‘protecting the everyday’
What’s in it for you
- Plenty of opportunities for you to learn new skills and grow in your career
- Flexible working hours incl. work-from-home option and additional vacation days
- Subsidised lunch vouchers or public transport ticket (up to you to choose)
- Pet-friendly office near metro station
- German and French classes
- Employee Performance Bonus Plan and Patent Filing Program
- Special events like international Year-End-Party, team lunches etc.
The salary range for this position is above the collective agreement and, depending on training, qualifications and professional experience, starts from EUR 50.000,00 gross annually.